Memberships & Associations
Forest City regularly engages with key industry groups to help advance important issues related to sustainability and the real estate industry in general. In 2016, Forest City was active in the following groups:
- U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED Social Equity Working Group
- U.S. Green Building Council’s Commercial Real Estate LEED User Group
- Real Estate Roundtable Sustainability Policy Advisory Committee
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) Real Estate Sustainability Council
- Urban Land Institute
- U.S. Department of Energy’s Better Buildings Alliance
- National Multifamily Housing Council
We leverage our activity within these groups to engage on a wide range of topics, including:
- Providing feedback to ESG ratings and rankings organizations, in an effort to promote the sharing of real estate sustainability information to investors.
- Working with other members to organize and provide feedback to government programs such as ENERGY STAR and the Better Buildings Challenge.
- Informing the U.S. Green Building Council about the applicability of LEED credits to commercial real estate.
- Presenting at conferences and other meetings.
- Guiding development of sustainability programs, education and services of real estate associations for the benefit of all of their respective members.